Annapolis Local Committees
Economical Welfare – the VP of Ec. Welfare always chairs this committee. As a Local member who is a part of this committee your responsibilities include:
- Seeking input from the Local membership for Regional and Provincial asking packages;
- Consulting with the Professional Development Committee of the provision and use of:
- Conference Grants
- Professional Development Grants
- Educational Leave Plans
- Promoting teacher rights and responsibilities;
- Planning for and promoting improved working conditions for the members of the Local;
- Being responsible for the dissemination of information regarding Regional and Provincial negotiations and the ratification oftentative agreements.
Resolutions – the Past President always chairs this committee. As a Local member who is a part of this committee your responsibilities include:
- calling for resolutions and informing the membership of the relevant time lines;
- assisting members in the preparation of resolutions and accompanying briefs;
- submitting approved resolutions to Annual Council;
- organizing the delegation to Annual Council.